Advanced Fire Fighting-ANSI
To train people to operate fire-fighting equipment to an advance standard of competency.
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- State the basic principles of the theory of combustion.
- Understand the different type of extinguishers and classification of fire.
- Explain how a fire spread out and how to extinguish a fire?
- On practical exercises, select and operate correct type of Portable Fire Extinguishers.
- Extinguish, pressure fed fire using the correct techniques & extinguishing media.
- Carry out operational test on various types of B.A Sets.
- Perform effective Search and Rescue operations from smoke filled compartment.
- Aim and Objectives
- Review – Theory of Fire, classes of fire, fire spread
- Use of Portable Fire Fighting Extinguisher
- Sources of ignition, extinguishing methods
- Respiratory Protection
- Search and Rescue Procedure using B.A. Sets from smoke filled room
Practical Exercise 1 – Hose roiling, unrolling, hose carrying, hose running and nozzle handling techniques (Dry Drill).
Practical Exercise 2 – Pressurized Hose handling and nozzle handling techniques (Wet).
Practical Exercise 3 – Practical Fire Fighting using Portable Fire Extinguishers.
Practical Exercise 4 – Extinguish pressure fed fires using hose lines.
Practical Exercise 5 – Self Rescue without respiratory system.
Practical Exercise 6 – Delegates to perform Operational Test i.e. High Pressure Test and Low pressure Test on SCBA.
Practical Exercise 7 – SAR exercise using B.A. Sets from smoked filled room or compartment.
To all emergency response team leader and team member.
Dates And Prices:
Please check with our Training coordinator or contact email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Days
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes