Advanced Fire Fighting – STCW 95
To ensure that students are fully conversant and competent to the standards of the STCW code in accordance with table A-VI/3 in the knowledge and techniques required for fire fighting with particular emphasis on organization, tactics and command.
Candidates shall be required to demonstrate competence knowledge, understanding and ability with regard to: –
- Explain elements of fire and explosions.
- State sources of ignition and heat transmission
- Understand the behavior of fire in different levels.
- State the methods of extinction and classification of fires.
- Choose the most appropriate extinguishing medium suitable for particular class of
- Define the basic fire prevention procedures
- Fight and control fire including LPG in enclosed spaces.
- Explain fireman’s outfit personal equipment’s.
- Explain ship’s fire fighting organization.
- Demonstrate & use different types of portable fire extinguishers successfully.
- Use basic fire fighting equipment confidently on the fire ground.
- Understand Breathing Apparatus control procedure and able to take effective charge of B.A. wearers and understand the need for B.A. control.
- Command search and rescue operations.
- Understand the decisions that will need to be made by a fire party leader.
- Understand the importance of good communication during fire fighting operations.
- Control fire fighting operation aboard ships.
- Understand the role of the bridge in control of emergencies aboard ship.
- Liaise with shore fire brigades if necessary.
- Organize and conduct fires and rescues drills.
- Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire.
- Inspect fire detection, extinguishing systems and equipment’s
- Recognize the need for regular realistic training.
- Control of fire fighting operations aboard ship.
- Organization and training of fire parties.
- Inspection of fire detection and extinguishing systems and equipment’s
- Investigation and compilation reports on incidents involving fire.
To all personnel who are employed in an offshore / onshore installation
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 Days
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes