Basic H2S – OPITO Approved
Course Aims & Objectives:
The aims and objectives of the training are to ensure that the delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S), and appropriate emergency response actions to take should a HS related incident arise.
- Course Registration, Medical and Health Requirements
- H2S how it is formed, Where it is ordinarily found, Common name of H2S
- The physical properties and characteristics of H2S
- Common definitions such as parts per million (ppm) and Occupational/ work place exposure limits (OEL/WEL)
- Measurements and the OEL/WEL of H2S
- The Physiological effects of exposure to H2S
- How H2S is detected and the use of onsite and personal detection equipment
- Actions to be taken in an event of an alarm
- The types of respiratory equipments available including Escape Breathing Apparatus (EBA) and self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and importance of correct fit of the mask
- The role of response teams in an H2S emergency and their use of SCBA
- Pre-use checks and operation of personal detector
- Actions to be taken in event of alarm – Response to an alarm and mustering
- Donning & operating (including checks) an escape breathing apparatus (EBA) with a mask within 30 seconds.
- All the delegates to practise fitting the EBA with a mask, Pre-use checks & operation to be explained, demonstrated and practised.
Points to emphasis:
- Donning the EBA
- Importance of Face seal
- Turn On/Off (if fitted)
- First breath activation
- Donning & operating (including the checks as per 3) an escape breathing apparatus (EBA) with a Hood within 30 seconds.
- Connect the EBA to the cascade system. Use the cascade system for emergency breathing.
This program is designed to address the basic training requirements for personnel
working in an environment that could become contaminated by H2S gas.
GTSC (OPITO Approved)
Dates And Prices:
Please check with our Training coordinator or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 55 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 27
- Assessments Yes