First Aid and Basic Life Support
To enable the student to be confident in the management of a person who has become suddenly ill or suffered injury, until the arrival of the emergency services
- By the end of the course the student should be able to:
- Conduct an assessment of an accident situation and act correctly in a safe manner with having knowledge of Universal Safety Precautions.
- Describe the checks to be carried out on a casualty.
- Demonstrate the assessment and maintenance of the vital functions of Airway, Breathing and Circulation (CPR)
- Understanding and Use of Automatic External Defibrillator (A.E.D.)
- Demonstrate the correct procedure for the assessment and care of the unconscious casualty.
- Explain what information is required by the emergency services.
- Demonstrate the correct procedure for the management of soft tissue injuries.
- Demonstrate and explain the correct procedure for the control and management of serious bleeding.
- Describe the sign symptoms and treatment of shock.
Section 1: Introduction
- Respiratory and Circulatory System
- Universal Precautions and Personal Protective Equipment
- Proper Removal of Contaminated Gloves
Section 2: Heart Disease and Stroke
- Risk Factors
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Sudden cardiac Arrest
- Chain of Survival in Adults
- Chain of Survival in Children
Section 3: Emergency Action Steps
- Assess, Alert, Attend to the ABCD’s
- 3 Simple AED Steps
- Summary of BLS Procedures
- Adults/Child bag Mask – Guideline
- Adult CPR/AED – Guideline
- Child CPR/AED – Guideline
- Infant Bag Mask – Guideline
- Infant CPR Illustrated – Guideline
- Recovery Positions – Guideline e
- Choking (Foreign Body Airway Obstruction)
- Adult/Child Choking- Guideline
- Infant Choking
Section 4: Special Considerations
- Psychological and Emotional Aspects of Providing Basic Life Support
- Legal and Ethical Aspects of Providing Basic Life Support
- Special Consideration – Burns, Electric Shock, Fractures, etc
Section 5: Casualty Handling, Mobilization of the injured Victim, Use of the ParaGard Stretcher
Section 6: Assessment Paper
Any person who may be involved with the rendering of First Aid
GTSC or Onsite
50% / 50%
Dates and Prices:
Please check with our Training
Coordinator or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Command of English language
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Days
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes